Before you call for tankless water heater installation in Madison…
Tankless water heater installation in Madison is a great option for a variety of living spaces. The warmer ground water temperatures and climate in Madison are ideal for tankless water heaters. Here are a few things to know before going tankless.
How Does Tankless Water Heater Installation Work In Madison?
The standard water heater brings cold water into a large tank to heat it. The water in the tank remains hot until needed. When you turn on a tap, the water travels from the large holding tank to the faucet.
With a tankless water heater, turning on the tap triggers the heating element. Cold water flows through the heating elements within the unit and directly to the faucet, providing hot water when and where you need it. Tankless water heaters require far less space, so installation can be in a variety of inconspicuous locations. For a more in-depth look into how tankless water heaters work, check out this article from www.howstuffworks.com.
What are Some Benefits of Installing a Tankless Water Heater in Madison?
Tankless water heaters are an energy efficient option for supplying hot water to your home. Here are some of the benefits:
- Tankless water heaters can save you money on your energy bill since they heat the water on demand. They are not heating 40 to 50 gallons of water stored in a tank.
- Because tankless water heaters are smaller, installation options are wide open. Mounting on the wall is the usual route.
- Tankless water heaters offer endless supply since they are heating the water flowing directly into your house. You won’t have to worry about your tank running out of hot water and waiting for it to fill again.
- Tankless water heaters have a longer life expectancy than a standard water heater. Standard water heaters typically last 10 to 15 years. A tankless water heater can last over 20 years if properly serviced and maintained. And they have replaceable parts that can further extend the life of the unit.
What are Some Disadvantages of Installing a Tankless Water Heater in Madison?
Tankless water heaters are not always the best option for every living space. Certain factors will make a tankless water heater less cost effective. Here are a few things to consider before making your decision.
- The heating elements limit the output of tankless water heaters. The size of the unit will determine the flow rate of the hot water delivered to the faucets.
- When gas powered, tankless water heaters can provide a higher flow rate of hot water. If your home runs on electricity and not gas, the output of hot water may not be sufficient.
- The cost of installing a tankless water heater is higher than installing a standard water heater. If you can save that money on your utility bills and the longevity of your unit, then the higher initial cost may be well worth it.
Is Installing A Tankless Water Heater The Right Move?
Tankless water heaters are an excellent fit for many homes in Madison. They can also provide some assistance to your existing hot water system to add a boost to areas of your house that may need extra hot water. Talk to your trusted plumbing professional to see what a tankless water heater can add to your home.
Tankless water heater installation in Madison could be the right fit for you! Call us today and let Anthony Wimpey Plumbing help you find the perfect fit for your water heater needs.