Water Line Replacements in Duluth Are Part of Life
Water line replacements in Duluth are a normal part of owning a home. However, it is not even on the radar for homeowners in Chattawood and other local neighborhoods. Most of the time, your water comes into your home through a single water line from the street. The DWR supplies the water to homes and businesses in the Duluth area.
The Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources Supplies Water
The Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources or the Department of Water Resources (DWR) produces over 70 million gallons of water each day. These gallons of water are for the one million residents and businesses in Gwinnett County. The DWR has invested nearly $1 billion over the last two decades to ensure that the water we process and later return to the environment is among the highest quality in the country. According to the DWR, they provide water and sewer services to over 240,000 customer accounts, including 24/7/365 emergency on-call services to support county water, sewer, and stormwater systems.
Locate the Source of the Problem First
When you are a homeowner, you know that there are so many things that can go wrong with everything from the roof to the foundation. Plumbing problems are just part of the beauty of homeownership. It is especially true when it comes to your water line. When something is wrong with your water supply, you may first look to blame the DWR. However, sometimes it is your water line that is at fault. In these cases, you may need water line replacements in Duluth. Please, act as soon as possible and call Anthony Wimpey Plumbing at once. We are the water line repair and replacement experts.
Where is the Main Water Line?
Water comes into your home plumbing system through an underground main water line that connects to the public water supply. Your water meter measures the water you use and generally is near the street if you live in a single-family home. Problems with your main water line mean you have issues with water in your home. Water line replacements in Duluth are the solution to most water line problems and can restore water to your entire home. More plumbing tips.
6 Common Reasons for Water Line Replacements in Duluth
Underground water lines are vulnerable to corrosion and environmental factors. Thus, there are several causes of damage that require water line replacement.
- Cracked pipes are a common reason for water line damage. Pipes can crack or burst as the result of freezing temperatures.
- Water line damage can also happen when the ground shifts due to heavy construction.
- Because water lines are underground, the natural settling of surrounding soil and other seismic activity causes movement. This movement can lead to water line breaks, leaks, and the need for water line replacement in Duluth.
- Tree root growth can impact water lines causing cracks and extreme blockages in lines underground. Tree roots seek water and often invade water lines. The damage and leaks can affect your entire plumbing system.
- With age, water lines break down from corrosion and other factors. Any water line over fifty years old needs a water line replacement sooner than later.
- Polybutylene (PB) is a plastic plumbing pipe material for homes in use from 1978 to 1995. PB pipe installation in over 10 million U.S. homes took place during those years. By mid-1996, there were thousands of cases of water line leaks erupting leading to millions in property damage. Most homes with this material have replaced the pipe by now. The decision for a water line replacement typically is due to an expensive PB failure or the fear of one.
Duluth Plumber Near Me
Let Anthony Wimpey Plumbing come out and assess the situation for you. We will tell you if you have a water line leak, where it is, and how to fix it. Help for water line replacements in Duluth call 770-284-4787.