Finding the Best Plumber in Decatur: Top 6 Questions You Should Ask
Tips to find a trustworthy plumber in Decatur the next time a plumbing disaster arises.
Looking to hire a plumber in Decatur? When a plumbing emergency strikes, you need the most skilled team in town. You never know when you may wake up to a burst pipe or leaking water heater. There is never a convenient time to deal with a plumbing fiasco. Knowing who to call when your pipes act up will save you time, money, and a few headaches. With over 30 years of experience, the team at Anthony Wimpey Plumbing can handle any plumbing issue you send our way.
Begin Searching for a Plumber in Decatur before You Need One
Sure, you may be able to handle most minor repairs and drips yourself. After all, you can learn how to plunge a clogged toilet or stop a leaking faucet with the help of a few DIY tutorials. But who will you turn to for problems that are outside of your ability?
It’s important to research local plumbers in your area before you come home to a bigger issue. Complex repairs require the knowledge of a plumber who has the tools and experience to remedy the situation. Trying to fix a plumbing crisis on your own may end up costing you more in the long run.
Here’s What You Need to Ask a Plumber in Decatur
Unless you live next door to a plumber, you probably don’t know the best one to call. Family, friends, and neighbors may be able to offer some recommendations. You can also check with local contractors or real estate agents for a list of their favorites.
Once you get a few names, you should interview all of them. Here are the top questions to ask every plumber before you schedule service:
- Do you have a current license? Look for a plumber who has a state-issued license to work in your neighborhood. In most states, this is a requirement.
- Do you carry insurance? Insurance not only protects the plumber, but it also protects you. An uninsured plumber may hold you liable if they injure themselves on the job. Ask to see a copy of their policy, and make sure it’s still valid.
- What type of experience do you have? Don’t hesitate to ask a plumber how long their company has been in business. Companies who have been around for several years can usually tackle any plumbing problem you send their way.
- How much will this cost? Ask for an estimate before beginning any work. Most plumbers will give a ballpark figure for a simple repair over the phone. However, they will need to view a more complicated problem firsthand before providing a quote.
- Do you have a list of references? A great plumber will gladly hand over references upon request. If they don’t have any references, they could be hiding something. You may want to look elsewhere.
- Do you offer a guarantee? The best plumbers always stand behind their work. A guarantee means you won’t have to worry about anything going wrong once they leave.
At Anthony Wimpey Plumbing, we’ll happily answer all your questions. We believe that honesty is the best approach, and we aim to create lifelong relationships with every customer we serve.
A Reliable Plumber Right Here in Decatur
From simple leaks to burst pipes in the middle of the night, you should be able to rely on your plumber to quickly solve the problem. Anthony Wimpey Plumbing offers a complete range of services, including:
There’s no plumbing problem we can’t handle here at Anthony Wimpey Plumbing.
We are a family-owned business with more than 30 years of plumbing experience. Schedule service with us the next time you need an honest and dependable plumber in Decatur. Contact our team by completing our Free Quote form online